Katie Leimkuehler, the founder and CEO of Leimkuehler Media, is an expert social media consultant and coach who advises and empowers business and individuals on the best social media strategies. She has more than eight years of experience coaching corporations and showing them how to implement a winning social media strategy by providing the tools and techniques to launch, grow and manage their social media presence. Katie is also the Executive Vice President of Social Media at Calysto Communications and a Social Media Professor at the University of Denver for the university’s graduate school program and has taught social media at Media Bistro. She has spoken at Chicago Social Media Week 2013, Coldwell Banker, NSI Partners, and KI’s NeoCon Social Media Webinar, among others.
Katie previously was the Social Media Director for International Studies Abroad where she oversaw and managed the communications and social media strategy including the #ISAWorldWideAlert system for students. She also led successful social campaigns including new Twitter Chats, #ISAchat and managed the company’s 40+ student blogger program. Before this role, she was also the Manager of Social Media and Communications at the International Interior Design Association and prior to that was a Journalist and Community Manager at the Chicago Tribune. She has been a contributing writer for several publications including Social Media Examiner, Business 2 Community, Social Media Today, Rocks Digital, Ignite Social Media, Built in Colorado, Technori, Lifehack, The Sun Times, and Networlding. Check out the business and marketing podcast she was recently featured on: “Interview with Expert Social Media Consultant and Katie Leimkuehler and Coach Cameron Roberts.“
About Leimkuehler Media
Leimkuehler Media works to educate, empower and train corporations and individuals on the best social media strategies and practices to elevate their marketing. Leimkuehler Media provides hands-on training in workshops, seminars and online courses. Our goal is to advise and support our clients by providing them with outstanding marketing techniques, tools and tactics while guiding them to implement a social media plan and process that is successful long term.
Want to see examples of my work? Check out my Social Media and Content Marketing Portfolio.
Here Are Some Things I’ve Done
Social Media Speaking and Experience
- CEO of Leimkuehler Media, LLC
- Social media strategic recommendations for Calysto Communications
- Taught Social Media Copywriting at MediaBistro
- Managed Social Media and Brand Strategy for International Studies Abroad
- Managed Social Media and Communications for International Interior Design Association.
- Selected as a guest speaker on the Social Media and Future of Publishing Panel for Social Media Week Chicago 2013.
- Panelist at NSI Partner’s GPS Workshop
- Chosen as a social media panelist in KI’s NeoCon Social Media Webinar.
- Worked as a community manager and journalist for The Chicago Tribune and won the TribLocal Teamwork Award in 2009.
- Launched and managed the social media strategy for the Chicago Toy and Game Fair.
- Social Media Advisor for Campus Compact of the Mountain West
- Boosting Your Brand with Social Media – release date 2016
- Contributing writing for Social Media Examiner
- Contributing writer for Startup Grind
- Contributing writer Ignite Social Media
- Contributing writer Rocks Digital
- Staff Writer for Built in Colorado
- Contributing Writer for Technori
- Contributor at Social Media Today
- Contributing Writer at Macali Communications
- Blogger for Lifehack
- Author of the novel series Shy Town Girls- Ivy
- Founder of Conquer the Edge
- Contributing writer at JenningsWire.
- Guest blogger at Networlding.
- Guest blogger at Turn It Social.
- Edited Oyez Review volume 36
- Professor of Social Media at the University of Denver
- Marketing Branch Manager and Writing Instructor for the creative writing workshops at Writopia Chicago.
- Adjunct English Professor at College of DuPage
- Teaching Assistant at Roosevelt University
- 18th Annual Fade In Awards Quarterfinalist 2013 – Ski Pioneer
- NexTV Web Series & Indie Film Quarterfinalist 2013 – Ski Pioneer
- Official Selection for the Script Competition in the 2014 Life Fest Film Festival – Ski Pioneer
- Semi-Finalist in the 2013 Fresh Voice TV Pitch Contest – Shy Town Girls
- Winner of Best Documentary at the Three Minute Film Fest – Ski Pioneer
- Award of Merit Winner in the Best Short Competition – Ski Pioneer
- Placed in the top 20 by the popular vote in the International Movie Trailer Festival.
- Producing a documentary on my grandfather.
- Studied abroad and lived in Luxembourg
- Visited and traveled to over 25 countries.
- Tutored children in English in the Cook Islands
- MFA in Fiction Writing, Roosevelt University
- Teaching Certificate, Roosevelt University
- BA in Journalism with a Business Emphasis and Creative Writing, Miami University of Ohio